Are you looking to join a small passionate company where your impact will be noticed and you’ll get to talk/think/dream about nothing but ethical chocolate?
Does the idea of helping to develop a new product, and launching it onto shop shelves across the world interest you? Can you talk for hours about ACTUAL plastic-free packaging? Looking to work somewhere that not only smells amazing but also supports ethical cocoa farmers around the world?
Chocolarder are looking for a person with a background in marketing and sales, who knows how to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in with all parts of the growing business, and innovate to bring this world class company center to the world stage.
This is a new role in the company, so is such an exciting opportunity for someone with the right passion and ambition to make things really happen.
We’re based by the sea in Falmouth, and unlike the rest of this seasonal county, our busy season is the winter! You’ll get staff discount, great benefits, and an education in all things chocolate made the right way.
Who are we looking for?
Somebody with a passion for food, who is happy to get stuck in while always smelling like chocolate. We’re looking for the right person to join our small friendly team.
We are looking for a highly organised and passionate person capable of seeing the bigger picture while still having an eye for details and who is excited to make a real difference. They must be flexible enough to take on the varied challenges of our exciting growing business, our office administration includes daily processing of orders and liaising with the production team to ensure the smooth flow of deliveries and projects.
The role will include taking an active role in sales tasks as part of the team, to help plan and manage accounts and find new potential stockists not just in the UK but around the world.
We are looking for a self-starter who has strong accountability, an eye for detail, and enthusiasm. The role is based in Cornwall, but with a requirement to travel from time to time to events and meetings nationally, so there is a need to be flexible. We are a small team in a growing business and so a constructive attitude to overcoming challenges is a must, and an eagerness to come up with new ideas and make them grow a huge benefit.
If you want to be a part of a company that truly wants to make a difference, and have the ambition to be the best, you will fit right in.
Who is Chocolarder?
Founded on the principle of no compromise, all our products are made from scratch using only the finest ingredients, packaged completely plastic-free, made in our factory of antique machines, and are revered around the world.
In the last year, the team has worked on projects with such companies as Selfridges, Eden Project, RSPB, and many more.
- Supporting and developing the growth of the company, concentrating on aspects on marketing and sales. Preparing tailored presentations, project management, occasionally attending meetings with other members of the team, and assisting with other administration requirements [communications via email, telephone, and in person] representing the values of the brand.
- Supporting the day-to-day sales and marketing and communication which could include; data reporting (such as mail merges), mailouts, customer calls, sales planning, social media and content development and creation.
- Assisting with the day-to-day office administration with exceptional attention to detail including order processing, phone and email monitoring, complaints processing, credit calls.
- Taking shared responsibility for managing and delivering web orders.
- Coordinating with production on the development of new products and managing their launch into new markets.
- Event coordination.
- Assisting with PR.
- Experience of working in a Sales and Marketing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A passion for the food industry
- Being eager to learn
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and social media
- Sales and customer service experience with a warm and friendly manner
- Highly organised, flexible and adaptable in a fast-changing environment
- A full UK driving license is essential
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Photography or film experience
- Operations experience
- Project management
- PR experience
Please note applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter about yourself and interest in the role to email@example.com
Salary £20,000 – £24,000 depending on experience.
Please note that this role is based at the Factory offices in Falmouth and is not possible to do this role remotely.